What are the Visa Requirements for Colombian Citizens?
Enter into Indonesia / Bali with Colombian Passport
Colombians can travel to Bali Indonesia. You can now get a Visa on Arrival (30 days valid). If you wish to stay longer than 60 days you would need to apply for a B211A Visit Visa before arriving in Indonesia. Bali.com can facilitate the B211A Visa for you if you need. Note: In rare cases it can happen that an application could be denied, in which case a refund is not possible. In very very rare cases, entry into Indonesia could happen, even after a visa is issued. By law, immigration department has the right to refuse any traveller entering Indonesia.
FAQ B211A Visit Visa for Bali / Indonesia
You need a B211A Visit Visa if
your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries
- you intend to stay longer than 60 days, because only B211A Visas can be extended
It's easier to list the nationalities that can NOT apply at the moment:
But, due to pre-existing travel restrictions, nationals from following countries CAN NOT apply for visit e-visas for Indonesia, but have to contact directly their embassy outside of Indonesia:
- North Korea
Note: Some travellers from Iraq and Iran also have difficulties to get the visa approved.
Visas for Sri Lankan Citizens are at the moment very rarely issued.
NO. The immigration regulations are always based on the passport that you are holding (nationality). Residency permits of other countries are not considered.
- The B211A offshore Visa is valid for 60 days
- Can be extended twice, each time 60 days, gives you a total of 180 days.
Onshore Visa (applying while in Indonesia)
- The onshore B211A Visa is valid for 60 days. Can be extended twice, for 60 days each. Online application.
Travellers who extend the Visa need to appear in person at the immigration office to take photo and fingerprints.
It is very likely that the immigration department will make a 180 days B211A Visa available (one time purchase), but when, and what would be the price is not yet confirmed.
Offshore means, you are applying for a visa while you are still OUTSIDE of Indonesia. Online Application Offshore
Onshore means, you are applying for a Visa while you are already INSIDE of Indonesia. Online Application Onshore
Please note: Getting an Onshore AFTER an Offshore Visa is not the same to getting an extension. It is a brand new Visa, which can itself also be extended twice. Onshore Visa is not available if you have arrived with a Visa on Arrival.
No. This Visa is a "Single Entry Visa" only.
YES. This visa is forIndonesia and not just a region or specific island. Therefore any type of Visa (Visa on Arrival or B211A) is valid for Indonesia and you can travel within Indonesia freely .
You can apply online with bali.com, and we will facilitate the process with our partner visa agent providing the necessary sponsor letter and monitoring the process for you - reliably, efficiently, and 100% online!
Do I need your visa service?
- the immigration website states, that foreign visitors can apply for a visa on their website https://visa-online.imigrasi.go.id/index.xhtml. However handling your own online application process is quite a challenge. You would need to manage their online system without any customer support, upload the proper and complete documentations in the correct format and without any errors and e.g. provide a payment slip for the payment.
- You can use other local visa agencies to provide visa facilitation services
In any case we strongly suggest to use a visa facilitator (agent) like our service. However, please choose a company that is established, looks and is credible and has a track record and some google reviews and a proper business address to avoid visa scammers and delays!
If I choose your Online Service, for what am I paying extra to the basic visa costs?
The total costs for applying yourself with the immigration online form yourself will be ca. USD 150-200 incl. your international bank transfer fees. The visa fees itself are IDR 1,500,000 (IDR 2,000,000 for special business type visa).
We facilitate the visa application and apply for you and use additionally the service of an accredited visa agent and pay for the obligatory sponsor letter and support services.
- We and our partner's team work roughly 15h for each application to ensure that everything is in proper order, data is pre-validated, payments are handled properly, we handle submissions and communication with the immigration department if necessary and assist you if anything gets delayed or even if you get problems at the airport(which sometimes happens).
- With us you don't need to submit a bank slip with more than 2000USD in your bank account.
- Our customer support is available and answers any questions before, during and after the application process.
- We are ensuring that applications are processed properly, therefore you have no risk of losing your application money if you would make errors in the submission process if you handle it on your own.
- We provide several international bank accounts, allowing a majority of our clients to save up to 50USD on international banking fees.
- Last but not least, we pay salaries, declare taxes and comply with all laws and regulations in Indonesia, which is important to us. Some "facilitators in Bali" just take the money and don't declare any revenues, don't pay taxes, even expatriates try to make some cash with this service.
You can choose between 2 services:
- STANDARD Service - takes 14 working days to process after we submitted your application to the immigration system (usually between 2 to 3 weeks if there are no public holidays)
- EXPRESS Service - takes 7 working days to process (after we submitted your application to the immigration system (usually between 1 - 2 weeks if there are no public holidays)
- Working days (business days MO-FR) are excluding weekends and public holidays.Usually 5 working days is a full week.
- We can only submit applications from MO-FR before 3pm Bali time, not on weekends.
- The processing duration of 7 or 14 working days starts with the day we can submit the application online
- We can only submit the application after we have received all necessary documents, and validated them (usually within 24h, Mo-Fr).
- We can only submit the application after we have received the payment. Depending on your chosen payment method and the banks involved, the money can take 2-7 business days to arrive on our side.
So how long does the process take in total?
Depends mainly on how the weekends fall, how fast you can provide all documents and how long your bank takes to process the payment. You need to add 6 to 14 days to the processing time depending on the circumstances. Example:
- We receive the Application with all documents attached by you in complete and proper format. We validate the data and send you the invoice. +1 Working DAY (Mo-Fr)
- You receive the invoice and you transfer the money. +1-2 DAYS
- Payment arrives in our bank account. +2-8 DAYS (depending on the payment method of your choice)
- If we receive the payment after Friday 3pm local time, we have to wait till Monday morning to submit the application, because the online system from the immigration is only active during their business hours. +1-2 DAYS
What are the steps?
STEP 1: APPLICATION
Fill up the online application form online on bali.com
STEP 2: VALIDATION & INVOICE - usually within 1 working day
We validate your documents and issue the invoice usually within 1 working day (MO-FR). Sometimes the document scans are not good enough or some data is not correct, or we find inconsistencies in your application, then we will get back to you and ask for new scans or updates etc - this can cause delays.
STEP 3: PAYMENT (1-3 days / or more!)
Depending on the payment method you choose, this usually takes 1-3 days. If, you choose however to transfer from abroad to our local bank account (international transfer) this process can sometimes take a week or longer, depending on the facilitating banks.
STEP 4: SUBMISSION (MO-FR)
We will submit the application and start the process after we have received the payment. From this moment onwards the Visa Process at the immigration takes 7-14 working days, depending on the service you choose.
|Tourism||Tourism purposes||Foreign nationals can visit places for recreational and personal development or learn about the uniqueness of cultures and tourist attractions. The visa also includes visitors using a yacht.yacht).|
|Social||Family emergency||Visiting or accompanying a sick or deceased father, mother, husband, wife, or sibling.|
|Humanitarian aid||Deliveringhumanitarian assistance,medical support, or food|
|Business||Business talks and meetings||Discuss, negotiate, or sign business contracts but not supervise production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity|
|Government official visits||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official|
|Government official visits for specific events||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official for Indonesia's presidency in the G20 , the 144th International Session of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) , or the 2022 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GDPRR)|
|Meetings||Participate in meetings held by the head office or representative office in Indonesia.|
|Purchasing goods||Purchasing goods but not supervising production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity.|
|Transit||Transit||Continue the journey or transit to another country by undergoing the immigration check at the Immigration Border Control.|
|Join a means of transportation (join vessel).||Join a vessel/means of transportation currently in Indonesia's territory to continue the journey to another country.|
|Sport activities||Non-commercial sports activities||Participate in sports activities at the invitation of the Indonesian government, international sports championships, or sports activities organized by international sports organizations.|
Even though the visa covers business purposes, it’s NOT A WORK PERMIT and does not entitle you to take up any paid job or employment in Indonesia.
You can however have business meetings, do networking, explore investment opportunities, sourcing products.
Beside your personal contact details, these are the documents that currently need to be provided for the online e-visa application:
Passport Scans: See Sample Scans here
- scan of your passport cover (yes, full cover!)
- scan of your main passport page (the one with the photo, while the passport is opened, full scan)
- in case on this main page the signature is not shown, you need to provide an additional scan of the page with the signature on it
Other Documents & Information
- You need to be fully vaccinated (see travel regulations) and need Covid vaccination status certificates - In English
- Digital Colour Portrait Photo in 4x6 dimension
- Passport needs to be valid AT LEAST 6 MONTHS (better 8) from the day of entry to Indonesia if you don't intent do extend after 60 days. If you intend to extend, passport should be valid for 12 months.
The B211A Visa which we facilitate for you, requires a company or travel agency to "sponsor" the visa, which is included in our service. Then you also don't need to present a bank statement letter if you apply online with us.
It can happen, that suddenly regulations change or other reasons that make your B211A technically obsolete for you.
Once we have started the process with the immigration and submitted your documents, it cannot be cancelled and no refund can be granted.
If you have applied and we have not yet submitted the application to the immigration office, you can ask for a refund. We will keep a 15% administration fee. Depending on your payment method it can take between 2 and 10 business days until the money is back in your account.
If your Visa has been issued, but you don't need it anymore because you can get a Visa on Arrival, it will be valid and you can still use it to enter Indonesia and stay 60 days without extension. You can use it, and don't need to pay for the Visa on Arrival.
Rules and regulations can change quite quickly during these uncertain times, which is something that is beyond our control.
There are some risks that we want you to be aware of, before applying for a visa and planning your trip to Bali, .
1.) The government could technically change the regulations any day, and deny the arrival of any applicant coming to Indonesia. This means for example, that even if you have already received your e-visa and bought a flight ticket, and you might not to able to travel to Indonesia as planned and have to reschedule, you can not ask for a refund.
2.) Also, the immigration can deny your application, without giving any reasons or feedback to us our our facilitating visa agent. This happens very very rarely but it can happen and the immigration office has the right to do so.
3.) These days the immigration is quite efficient and stays within the time limit to issue the visa (14 working days for standard and 7 working days for express, after the visa application has been submitted - starting after we have validated your documents and the payment is received). However, sometimes delays can still occur, which can be due to changes in regulations, longer holidays or problems with the immigration software, or other reasons that are beyond our control.
4.) We cannot be held responsible for any delays or if the visa gets denied, or gets issued wrongly caused by regulation changes or the performance of any third party, such as but not limited to visa agents, immigration officials, government software failures.
To save you costs on international banking fees and currency exchange, we have local bank account numbers in the EU, UK, USA, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore (in cooperation with Wise Ltd).
If you have a bank account in these countries, you can transfer in the local currencies via YOUR local bank account.
- Australia in AUD
- EU in EUR (convenient SEPA transfer). Also works for Norway, Switzerland, Monaco)
- New Zealand in NZD
- Singapore in SGD
- UK in GBP
- USA in USD
You can also wire the money directly to our local bank in Indonesia in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR) by making an international transfer. This can sometimes take up to a week, or longer. Please make sure that we receive then the full amount in IDR and also the subject on the transfer is clearly stating your name in the subject line, so we can track the payment.
From the day the Visa is issued, you have 90 days to enter into Indonesia. If you arrive later, the Visa won't be valid anymore.
To be honest, we don't know. At this point we have not heard of any plans to do so. This does not mean, that the Indonesian government is not planning to add more countries. But for now, we cannot predict when and which countries would be added. We understand that the Visa costs are substantial. Bali, more than any other region in Indonesia hopes, that all restrictions will be lifted soon, and we can all freely travel again.