Updated Travel Regulations and Requirements for Bali
There are two main aspects travellers need to consider to understand which regulations apply for them. The General Travel Requirements in relation to the Covid & Vaccination Regulations, and the Visa Regulations. The following FAQ will guide you through the requirements so you can plan your trip effectively.
Updated travel regulations and quarantine requirements for Bali & Indonesia
Yes, international travellers can visit Indonesia and most travel restrictions have been lifted. There are still hurdles to take and details to be aware of in order to be able to travel and to enter Indonesian in relation to the COVID Pandemic. This FAQ will guide you through the process.
For information about the VISA requirements please click the button below.Bali Visa Requirements
Following three scenarios are covered in the latest regulation update for foreign visitors.
1. FULLY VACCINATED
Travellers who are fully vaccinated, DO NOT need to undergo quarantine and can enter into Indonesia now without a PCR test before and upon arrival.
Two or more doses: status fully vaccinated (Johnson & Johnson counts as 2 doses)
2. ONE DOSE - NOT FULLY VACCINATED
If you have only one dose you need to quarantine for 5x24h in a certified hotel (CHSE) and get a 2nd PCR test on day 4 (you can book quarantine packages with the hotels).
3. EXEMPTION FROM VACCINATION
Travellers who are exempted from vaccination due to comorbidity diseases must show a medical statement letter that they cannot be vaccinated (in English).
For now, as we understand it, if you are not vaccinated and cannot present a letter from a doctor that you cannot be vaccinated, travelling to Bali is not possible.
Proof of Vaccination
You must have a proof (digital/ printed) of Covid Vaccination, (the last dose must be taken 14 days before travelling to Indonesia).
Children travelling with their parents or guardians...
- Kids below 18years TRAVELLING WITH their parents or guardians, follow the quarantine and entry conditions that apply to their parents / guardian upon arrival. Means, if the parents would have to quarantine, the kids have to follow, even if they would be fully vaccinated themselves.
- Children don't need to be vaccinated if they enter with a Visa on Arrival or are exempted from the visa.
- If Children need a B211A Visa, for the application process they need a medical statement letter stating, that they can't be vaccinated due to their age.
PCR Test BEFORE Arrival in Bali / Indonesia is not needed anymore.
If travellers are showing symptoms or show an increased temperature at the temperature check-point upon arrival...
- Test is taken at the airport before you get to the immigration checkpoint (or harbour).
- These travellers must go directly to their accommodation after leaving the airport and wait for the test result inside the room. They can not leave the room before the PCR test received (and negative).
- or, travellers might have to wait for the test result at the airport
If you are tested positive
- the regulations are a bit vague still, and depend on the severity of your symptoms:
- with no or mild symptoms you will have to isolate in a "quarantine accommodation" (Akomodasi Karantina) appointed by the government. Until the PCR tests returns negative! For now we assume these "akomodasi karantina" are also the certified hotels (CHSE)l. We will update this page, once we have more reliable information about this.
- If you have "medium to severe symptoms" you will have to be isolated and be taken to a government hospital.
Other MANDATORY Requirements
- Travel insurance (covering covid related medical costs and evacuation expenses)
- If your nationality is not part of the 9 ASEAN countries and is not listed for Visa on Arrival you would need to arrange a B211A Visit Visa before your arrival.
- Download the PeduliLindungi App. The registration of the International e-HAC (Indonesia electronic health alert card) is for now NOT necessary anymore. The registration of the international certificates does not work well. At least the app must be installed, because some airlines might check this when you check-in.
- E-CD (Electronic Custom Declaration) if you are arriving in Bali (or fill in the paper form at the airport).
- Return ticket - (is rarely checked upon arrival, but technically a requirement. If for some reason you don't have one, that is within the time-frame of your visa validity, and you are asked, the best is to explain kindly that you are aware of the visa restrictions and you will rebook your flight in time, or, if applicable, you will get a Visa extension.)
- Passport needs to be valid at least 6 months from day of arrival.
- The passport needs at least one empty page.
Medical Insurance covering covid-related costs
For now, ALL foreign travellers (visa-free entry, Visa on Arrival, and B211A Visa) still need to have a medical insurance that covers covid related medical & evacuation expenses.
If you still need a travel insurance that is accepted by the Indonesian officials, we can recommend the "nomad insurance" provided by our verified partner (It's called a nomad insurance but is suitable for all travellers).
International Travel Insurance / Nomad Insurance starting USD42 for 4 weeks. Info, Prices & Signup
Very rarely we hear from travellers that they have to show the medical insurance documents upon arrival, however it is still listed as one of the requirements to enter into Indonesia.
YES. More airlines are gradually including Bali again into their schedules. Singapore Air, KLM, Qatar, Jetstar, and many more. Check with your ticket booking websites or travel agents for prices and availability.
- The situation is overall well under control. The government still expects some health Social to be put in place and followed.
- Wearing masks in outside and on the roads is not mandatory anymore according to the updated regulations published on May 18th (SATGAS 19).
- You are still required to wear masks in closed rooms (shops, beaches, malls, to enter restaurants (not at the table)
Updated health protocol regulations (SATGAS 19)
The health protocol as referred to in point 5 of the document must meet the following terms and conditions:
a. Use a 3-ply cloth mask or medical mask that covers the nose, mouth and chin while indoors or when in crowds;
b. Change masks regularly every four hours, and dispose of waste masks in the places provided;
c. Washing hands regularly using water and soap or hand sanitizer, especially after touching objects touched by other people;
d. Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people and avoid crowds; and
e. It is advised not to speak one-way or two-way by telephone or in person throughout the journey using public transportation modes of land, rail, sea, river, lake, crossing, and air.
If you can't get a flight to Bali you can still choose the option to come via Jakarta and then take a domestic flight to Bali. Airlines such as Citilink, Batik Air, Air Asia, Lion Air, and Garuda are flying to Bali very regularly. Ticket price one way 50-150USD.
Particularly if the price difference between flying to Jakarta and flying directly to Bali are very high, then this might be worth it.
Hotel & Accommodation:
CHSE Hotels are certified by the government to accommodate guests while following the quarantine regulations.
If you have one dose, you need to quarantine for5 days (5x24h) and this can only be handled by certified hotels.Bali Certified Hotels All Hotels, Resorts, Villas Rentals & BnB
Don't bring more than the equivalent value of IDR 100,000,000 cash into the country (ca. AUD 10,000).
Do I need a B211A Visit Visa?
Your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries and you stay maximum 60 days.
You travel with "business purpose" - Business or Investment visit (meetings, product sourcing, conference). Please send us an email if you wish to travel with a business purpose to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The B211A Single entry e-VISA can be used for Tourism, Humanitarian activities, Volunteering, Family reunion, Business/ Investment Visit (not as a working permit nor for employment)Information & Online Application