Want to visit Bali during the pandemic?
These are the updated Travel Regulations for Bali – Indonesia
Are there Flights to Bali?
- Yes, but not many airlines are flying yet. Airlines still need to get ready and allow travelers to book Bali as a destination. Qatar, Emirates and Singapore Airlines show some direct flights to Bali starting from November 2021. We expect more airlines to offer flights., such as Turkish Airlines. The travel industry still needs to adjust and like the past has shown, changes can happen any day. So unless, the airlines will be convinced, that the new regulations are at least semi-permanent, they might not yet fly to Bali directly.
What nationalities are allowed to directly arrive in Bali? The number of selected countries that have been listed keeps growing and changing. According to the latest update it will be NATIONALS with passports from
Bahrain, China, France, Hungary, Italy, India, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates.
Unless you are a national of the above countries you CANNOT fly directly to Bali, and must enter Indonesia via Jakarta.
Is there a mandatory Quarantine in Bali or Jakarta?
- The mandatory quarantine time is now reduced from 8 days to 5 days (4 nights)
- Where do I have to do the quarantine? If you manage to book a flight directly to Bali, you can do the quarantine also now in Bali in some selected hotels in Ubud, Nusa Dua, Sanur, and Kuta (list of quarantine hotels in Bali).
- We will publish the official and confirmed list of quarantine hotels in Bali soon.
- If you cannot fly directly to Bali, you still have to go through Jakarta and do the quarantine in Jakarta (list of quarantine hotels in Jakarta).
- Mandatory Quarantine Package: The package will include hotel room, 2 PCR tests (can be charged separately), airport transfer to hotel, 3 meals a day, some laundry items.
- Upon arrival, visitors will get the first PCR at the airport (will be paid by the hotel).
Visa Requirements for Foreigners
- Free Visa Entry is put on hold
- Travelers need a valid Visit Visa (B211A) (Details on online application here), or
- KITAS/ KITAP, or
- Diplomatic Stay Permit
What Documentation do I need to Travel to Bali during the Pandemic?
- Travel insurance with Covid medical coverage minimum USD 100,000
- Proof of full vaccination status (in English)
- Negative Covid-19 PCR taken maximum 72 hours before departure at origin country.
- Proof of booking and payment for mandatory quarantine accommodation - provided by the hotel after you have completed your quarantine / repatriation package booking
- Register to PeduliLindungi App, proceed to fill your travel information on International e-HAC (Indonesia electronic health alert card app).
Situation In Bali
- The situation is overall well under control. The government still applies a cautious approach and keeps Micro-Scale Social Restrictions (PPKM Regulations) in place, to mitigate the spread of Covid-19. Expect shorter operational hours on restaurants and attractions, also health protocols enforcement
- Wearing masks in Public is mandatory
- You need the PeduliLindungi App when visiting venues and stores