How to get a Multiple Entry Visa
- get et in touch with local visa agent of your choice
- Scanned passport (first two pages)
- Copy of bank statement of your private bank account (not older than 90 days, and must show at least 2000USD)
- Information on where you wish to collect the visa
- The local agent will also act as the sponsor which is necessary to get the approval from Jakarta immigration to process the visa
- Pay the Immigration fee and agent fee in Indonesia.
- The agent will then process the application for you, which takes up to 14 business days here in Bali.
- You will receive from the agent a confirmation document per email (called TELEX). This document is needed to collect the visa abroad.
- Passport must be valid at least 18 months (no exceptions)
- In the consulate or embassy abroad, you meet another agent (recommended by your agent) who will handle the process to hand in your passport and some more documents they will prepare for you. Takes only one day
- Then it can take up to 5 days! To get the passport with the Visa sticker back. Most applicants want to return to Bali asap, so they ask for an express service within one day (costs ca. SGD 260)
Multiple Entry Visa for Bali / Indonesia
Similar to the Multiple Business Visa, the Multiple (Re-)Entry Visa is a great way to come to Bali often and stay each time up to to 60 days, without having to apply for a social visa each time. It’s valid for 12 months, and you can re-enter Indonesia as often as you want, but as mentioned, only for a maximum 60 days each time.
It’s only for visit and tourist purpose. You can apply for it abroad already before you come to Indonesia, the process, documents needed etc. might be different depending on the country you apply in.
Many travellers who wish to get this type of visa, must come first to Bali, and then start the process for this visa with the assistance of an agent, who can also act as the sponsor. Still, this visa is also needed to be collected in an embassy or consulate outside of Indonesia, which means that a “visa trip” to usually Singapore or Kuala Lumpur needs to happen to obtain the visa, and then re-enter Indonesia (Singapore is a good option, and often the cheapest).
Multiple entry visa may be issued for an official visit, business visit and family visit. Once issued, a Visa must be used within 90 (ninety) days from the Date of Issuance. Consulate visa fee is about USD100 (express same day USD 200)
Process, costs and validity etc is precisely the same as the Business Visa; you are just not allowed to do any business-related things here in Indonesia with the Multiple Entry Visa.
What does a multiple entry visa cost?
Prices Immigration Office Fee: IDR 3,000,000
Visa Agent Fee in Bali: IDR 750,000 – 1,000,000 (1 USD =ca. IDR 14,000)
Agent and Consulate fee abroad ca USD 100 (for express service ca USD 200)
Can I apply on my own without an agent?
Technically yes, but we would not recommend it. The time and money and potential errors are not worth it, since the agents’ fee is quite reasonable.
Like for the other visa services, we suggest to use a reliable and well established agents. We recommend Mr Yusak. You can get in touch with his office by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Express Service abroad
The process, after you handed in the telex and the passport to the embassy (most times with the help of an agent), usually takes additionally four-six days. In Singapore, some agents can organise a one-day express service, which costs around 260SGD (ca 190USD). If you do not intend to spend four nights in a Singaporean hotel and go for sightseeing, this express Service is the cheaper option. It is not uncommon that people take the earliest flight from Bali to Singapore and the last one back the same day. They bring their passport and the telex with them. After landing, they meet the Singaporean agent in a Hotel Lobby. Hand over the documents and the agent fee. Then go for some shopping or sightseeing. Just after four pm, the agent will bring back the passport with the visa—return flight after seven pm, back to Bali at ten pm, all in one day.
BUT, it has been reported that Singaporean immigration is causing problems for some travellers who enter Singapore and want to leave the same day. The best is to stay one night. And if they ask what you are doing, the best answer is always “I am shopping”.Visa and Immigration Overview
Visa & Permits for Indonesia and Bali
Visa on ArrivalHow to get it (30days)
Visa on Arrival ExtensionHow to extend it (30 days)
Social & Tourist Visa B-211How to get it (60days)
Social & Tourist Visa ExtensionHow to extend it (30days)
Sponsor Letter (e.g. for social visa)How to get it
Multiple Entry VisaHow to get it (1year)
Multiple Business VisaHow to get it (1year)
Work Permit / KitasHow to get it (1year)
Retirement Visa (Lansia, Pensiun)How to get it
Due to the Covid Situation unfortunately we cannot offer you at the moment tour and transportation services.