22 December 2020
Bali Provincial Government has released Circular Letter Number 2021 Year 2020 (15/12) and has been revised on (17/12) due to many objections addressed to the authority online. However, other regions in the country seem to follow some travel restrictions that have been implemented in Bali since three days ago. Through National Covid-19 Circular Letter No. 3 Year 2020, these restrictions will not only be applied in Bali but also in many other regions in the country. Foreign visitors that have been granted a visa to visit Bali – Indonesia will also need to follow some of these new travel requirements.
Here are several important points you must be aware of before flying to Bali:
- For all visitors (Indonesians and Foreigners) coming to Bali by planes must have a negative result of PCR/ Swab Covid-19 from a test that has been conducted seven days before flight at the latest.
- For all visitors (Indonesians and Foreigners) coming to Bali by land or sea transportation must have a negative result of Rapid Antigen Covid-19 from a test that has been conducted three days before flight at the latest.
- For all visitors (Indonesians and Foreigners) coming to Java Island or from one Province/ City to another Province/ City in the island must have a negative result of Rapid Antigen Covid-19 from a test that has been conducted three days before flight at the latest. This requirement applies to all sea, land and air transportation.
- Kids below 12 years old are not required to get any Covid-19 test.
- Everyone must register their visit at e-HAC Indonesia app
- For international visitors (Indonesian and Foreigners from abroad), once you arrived at appointed Indonesia Airport, the authority will check your body temperature. The validity of your negative PCR/ Swab Test will be checked (Must be in English/ Bahasa Indonesia). Your certificate must be valid at least 3×24 hours since you arrived in Indonesia. The airport authority will do another PCR/ Swab one more time.
- While waiting for the result of Swab test, Indonesians travelling from abroad will have to go through quarantine in provided accommodation by the government. Foreigners will have to go through quarantine in appointed accommodation that needs to be paid personally.
- During the visit, everyone must follow health protocols, wearing mask, washing hand regularly and keep a social distance.
- This regulation is valid from 19 December 2020 to 8 January 2020.
Bali Government and National Army and Polices set-up temporary posts in several tourism areas across the island, this operation is called “Operasi Lilin Agung 2020”, with more than 1200 personnel on stand-by. Everyone who are caught for not wearing a mask will be fined IDR 100,000. Hotels, restaurants or any businesses holding a celebration event will be fined IDR 1,000,000 and threatened to have their business license revoked.
Bali polices raid targeted stores selling fireworks and firecrackers across South and East Bali (18/12). As mentioned in Bali Provincial Circular Letter Number 2021 Year 2020, everyone is prohibited from celebrating Christmas and New Year by lighting up fireworks and consuming alcoholic drinks.
Besides, to anticipate unexpected natural disasters such as landslides and floods, given the increased rainfall and strong winds in almost all areas of Bali lately. Bali Search and Rescue Department has coordinated with tourism managers and sent hundreds of personnel to stand-by on some disaster-prone regions.
The latest figure of Covid-19 Per Monday (21/12), there were 135 new infections in Bali, which make total cases on the island 16.463. New recoveries at 118, in total 14.967 with one recent death was reported, in total 486. While in Indonesia, there were 6.848 of new cases which make total cases in the country 546.884. Recent recoveries at 5.073, in total 546.884. New deaths at 205, and in total 20.085.
Due to the Covid Situation unfortunately we cannot offer you at the moment tour and transportation services.