Dive Site Facts
- Main Dive Region : East Bali
- Difficulty : Intermediate
- Type of Dive : Wall, Drift Dive, Cave, Small Island
- Access : Shore
- Sealife (* to ****) : 3***
- Depth : 10-30 m
- Current : can be strong
- Water Temp. (avg) from : 22 C
- Water Temp. (avg) to : 29 C
- Visibility (avg) : 18 m
- Big Fish : Mola Mola, Turtles, Octopus, Morays
- Terrain : Coral Reef, Rock
- Contour : Steep Slope, Drop Off
A spot called ‘the toilet’ due to the dangerous currents. You have to be advanced and need a good guide, but then you will experience the beauty of the Indonesian Sea. Good place to meet Mola Molas!
A mandala of amazing corals and colourful tropical fishes – can
Gili Tepekong is also sometimes referred to as the toilet. The nickname comes from the dangerous swirling downdraft currents. If you want to dive that spot you will need a good guide who is confident with this dive site. That place will offer you an excellent coverage of soft and hard corals and great numbers of fishes. If you are lucky, it will be possible to see manta rays and pygmy seahorses.
The impressive Mola Mola, the ocean sunfish, can be watched between July and September when the water becomes cooler.
Fauna & Flora
Great coverage of soft and hard corals. Snapper, batfish, wrasse, trigger fish, nudibranch, coral snakes, scorpion fish, octopus, puffer fish, moray eels, reef sharks, Mola Mola, pygmy seahorses, big pelagic, turtles.