Quarantine in Jakarta
If you wish to come to Bali or anywhere else in Indonesia, you need to follow a mandatory quarantine in the capital – Jakarta.According to the country’s existing travel restrictions, all international visitors entering Indonesia must undergo a eight days quarantine in one of the appointed hotels upon arrival (at their own cost).The authority-approved quarantine hotels in Jakarta offer full-service packages with 8 nights, 3 meals a day, some laundry, 2 PCR tests, airport transfer to hotel.
How is the quarantine handled
- After your arrival at the airport, you will go through the immigration area and expect an additional stop, where the officials will check your valid negative PCR test. They might ask you here already, which quarantine hotel you have booked.
- Also, make sure you downloaded the e-HAC app, go to “account” in the app and add an “eHAC international” form.
- Once you are through, a driver from the hotel will wait for you and take you to the hotel. You cannot leave the airport otherwise.
- When you reach the hotel you will be guided to the check-in. During your quarantine, some hotels may handle the stay slightly different than others. But expect these protocols:
- You must stay in your room for the entire quarantine period
- Your first PCR test will be on day 1, the reception staff will let you know where in the hotel and when.
- Your second PCR test is on day 7, one night before your checkout. The reception will print out the result for you the following morning. If all goes well, you will check out and hope onto your plane to Bali (or to anywhere else in Indonesia).
- You are not allowed to receive any guest visit or have other people entering your room (not even housekeeping staff).
- You can usually only consume the food and beverages provided by the hotel. Sometimes it might be allowed to order food from outside, if you are lucky.
- The quarantine package includes three meals a day which commonly comes with a selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diet.
- You are not allowed to use the hotel facilities such as the gym, swimming pool, club and spa.
- As Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country, staying in one room with an un-legally married couple is considered against the law. Please contact the hotel management directly to clarify this if you are traveling as a non-married couple.
- During the quarantine period, you are not allowed to share any posts on social media.
At the moment Indonesia issues a 60 day single entry business visa. You can apply for this visa online on bali.com. For more information click here.
NO. Currently, Bali airport is only open for domestic travel. All international flights must transit to Soekarno-Hatta International Airport (CGK) in Jakarta.
Yes, you must provide an English version of a negative PCR test (certificate) takenat least 72 hours before departing to Indonesia. This regulation applies to children aswell.
There are several regulations you must follow when you are outside of youraccommodation. Wearing a mask is compulsory, keeping a safe distance from otherpeople (even if you are a family), washing your hands regularly, and avoiding anygathering or staying in a close room for a long time. A violation of these regulationsmay cause you penalties.
Yes, at the moment, all international arrivals must undergo eight days quarantine session in appointed hotels in Jakarta.