The mandatory quarantine has been reduced to 3x24hours if you are fully vaccinated. Which in most cases means 2 nights and 3 days in the hotel. Please check with the hotel you wish to choose for the quarantine by sending them your arrival details, so they can confirm to you the expected check-out day in compliance with the regulation. 5x24 hours (4 nights 5 days) still applies if you have only one vaccine dose.
How is the quarantine handled?
- After your arrival at the airport, you will go through the immigration area where you need to show your Visa or KITAS/KITAP.
- The you will be guided through the airport and need to stop at different counters, where you will have to show your valid negative PCR test and your proof that you are fully vaccinated (in English).
- You also have to provide the booking confirmation for the quarantine hotel which will be provided by the hotel (email with QR code)
- Also, make sure you downloaded the PeduliLindungi App and registered there. Fill in the e-Hac international form. The original e-Hac app, that was used previously can be found here e-HAC app.
- Before you exit the airport you will get a PCR test done (paid by the hotel). The result will be sent to the hotel reception.
- Once you exit the airport, you will be guided to our transport and a driver will take you to the hotel. You cannot leave the airport otherwise nor stop anywhere on the way.
- When you reach the hotel you will be guided to the check-in. During your quarantine, some hotels may handle the stay slightly different than others. But expect these strict protocols:
- You must stay in your room for the entire quarantine period
- Your second PCR test is the day before the check-out. The reception will print out the result for you the following morning together with a clearance document. If all goes well and tests are negative, you are free to go
- You are not allowed to receive any guest visit or have other people entering your room (not even housekeeping staff).
- You can usually only consume the food and beverages provided by the hotel. Sometimes it might be allowed to order food from outside, if you are lucky.
- The quarantine package includes three meals a day which commonly comes with a selection of vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free diet.
- You are not allowed to use the hotel facilities such as the gym, swimming pool, club and spa
- As Indonesia is a predominantly Muslim country, staying in one room with an un-legally married couple is considered against the law. Please contact the hotel management directly to clarify this if you are traveling as a non-married couple.
- During the quarantine period, you are not allowed to share any posts on social media.