Bali Visa online
Apply for your Bali e-Visa online - great price and reliable service
Before applying, please read carefully the information below about updated travel restrictions, required documents, and mandatory quarantine in Jakarta!
Due to the current covid situation, on short notice, the Indonesian Immigration office has reduced its service hours for the time being. We do expect therefore a delay of processing time of the visa. We will keep our applicants informed about any updates.
Must-know facts and process details
Process is easy. Please select the most suitable e-visa option for you. Then fill up the necessary information through the online form. Travelers from most countries can apply, but the list is changing quite often and on short notice. Once you filled in our online form for the visa (of course before you pay anything), we will cross-check your application with the immigration office and give you a feedback, if your application can be processed to be sure, that there won’t be any confusion.
But first, allow us on this page to guide you through the steps of how to apply and how to get to Bali and what are the covid and quarantine requirements. Please take your time to read it carefully.
You are applying for a VISIT VISA – type BUSINESS VISA with the code B211A. SInce you are applying from outside of Indonesia it’s often also called OFFSHORE Business Visa (not its official name), while any visa now issued while visitors are already in Indonesia are called ONSHORE Visas.
It’s a Single entry e-VISA for the purpose of
- Humanitarian activities
- Family reunion
- Business or Investment visit
- attending trainings, seminars, workshops, exhibitions or meetings
Even though the visa is called a business visa, it’s NOT A WORK PERMIT and does not entitle you to take or have a job in Indonesia, that pays you a salary or provides an income.
You can however have business meetings, do networking, explore investment opportunities, sourcing products…and of course, chill at the pool or beach.
After the e-Visa is issued, you need to arrive in Indonesia latest within 90 days. Otherwise it will be void. The initial visa is valid for 60 days (count the days including your day of arrival and day of departure).
This Visa can be extended four times for 30 days each while you remain here on the island. The you can purchase the extensions also here on Bali.com soon. The expected cost per extension will be around IDR 1,000,000.
There is another VISIT VISA which is called SOCIAL VISA (Visa Budaya), which is very common and very similar, but cannot be issued these days.
Actually you don’t need much.
- scan of your passport cover (yes, cover!)
- scan of your main passport page (the one with the photo)
- scan of signature of bearer (please note depending on where your passport is issued, signature might appear on a different page)
- Full vaccination card In English
- Digital Colour Photo Studio in 4×6 size, as per 27 September 2021
- Additional documents such as sponsor letter is provided by the handling agent.
- and of course, your personal contact data such as address, phone number etc.
- PCR Test is no longer needed for Visa Application, however you will still need it for your flight to Indonesia after your visa application is approved. Regulations might be changed without prior notice by the Indonesian authority. We will keep our applicants uptodate.
MAKE SURE YOUR PASSPORT IS VALID AT LEAST 8 MONTHS from the day of entry to Indonesia, better 12 months!
We live in uncertain times, and rules and regulations can change unfortunately quickly, which is beyond control. So here are two main risks when applying for a visa and planning your trip to Bali.
The government could technically change the regulations any day, and deny the arrival of any applicant coming to Indonesia, even if they have a valid visa. Also, the immigration can deny your application, without giving any reasons, this happens extremely rarely, but it is heard of.
Therefore please check our terms & conditions before you apply:
- Once the visa application is in process, it cannot be cancelled, and no refund of the fee can be granted (no refund provided).
- Only once you completed the payment, we can start to process of your visa application with the immigration officials.
- The immigration has the right to decline your application without giving any reason. In such as case no refund can be given.
- We adhere to Indonesian immigration rules and regulations. We are not responsible if there is any sudden changes published by the immigration, which may cause a delay or rejection for your application or entry into the country or any immidiate changes (no refund policy).
- In case of any delay in the process, such as but not limited to: closure of immigration office, problems with the technology, public holidays, etc, Bali.com is not responsible for any delays occurring.
- We are not responsible for the failed extension process if the applicant does not send us an email notification latest 10 days upon arrival in Indonesia.
Payment is easy. To save you costs on international banking fees, you can transfer the visa fee to our bank accounts in:
- Australia in AUD
- Canada in CAD
- EU in EUR (convenient SEPA transfer). Also works for Norway, Switzerland, Monaco)
- New Zealand in NZD
- Singapore in SGD
- UK in GBP
- USA in USD
Or you can also wire the money directly to our local bank in Indonesia in Indonesian Rupiah (IDR).
The bank details and account numbers for the options above, will be stated on the bill that will be sent to you after your documents are checked.
Aside your flight from your home destination, these are the approximate additional costs in USD per person:
- Visit Visa USD 285 (USD 425 for express service)
- The Quarantine and Repatriation Packages can cost you between USD600 and USD 1000 – with accommodation for 4 nights (previously 7 nights), 3 meals, 2 PCR tests, airport transfer to hotel). If you travel with a companion and share a room, the cost for the package gets cheaper (double occupancy)
- Flight Jakarta to Bali USD 50-100 (if you take your flight to Jakarta and have to spend the quarantine there
Want to visit Bali during the pandemic?
These are the updated Travel Regulations for Bali – Indonesia
Are there Flights to Bali?
- Yes, but not many airlines are flying yet. Airlines still need to get ready and allow travelers to book Bali as a destination. Qatar, Emirates and Singapore Airlines show some direct flights to Bali starting from November 2021. We expect more airlines to offer flights., such as Turkish Airlines. The travel industry still needs to adjust and like the past has shown, changes can happen any day. So unless, the airlines will be convinced, that the new regulations are at least semi-permanent, they might not yet fly to Bali directly.
What nationalities are allowed to directly arrive in Bali? The number of selected countries that have been listed keeps growing and changing. According to the latest update it will be NATIONALS with passports from
Bahrain, China, France, Hungary, Italy, India, Japan, Kuwait, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, United Arab Emirates.
Unless you are a national of the above countries you CANNOT fly directly to Bali, and must enter Indonesia via Jakarta.
Is there a mandatory Quarantine in Bali or Jakarta?
- The mandatory quarantine time is now reduced from 8 days to 5 days (4 nights)
- Where do I have to do the quarantine? If you manage to book a flight directly to Bali, you can do the quarantine also now in Bali in some selected hotels in Ubud, Nusa Dua, Sanur, and Kuta (list of quarantine hotels in Bali).
- We will publish the official and confirmed list of quarantine hotels in Bali soon.
- If you cannot fly directly to Bali, you still have to go through Jakarta and do the quarantine in Jakarta (list of quarantine hotels in Jakarta).
- Mandatory Quarantine Package: The package will include hotel room, 2 PCR tests (can be charged separately), airport transfer to hotel, 3 meals a day, some laundry items.
- Upon arrival, visitors will get the first PCR at the airport (will be paid by the hotel).
Visa Requirements for Foreigners
- Free Visa Entry is put on hold
- Travelers need a valid Visit Visa (B211A) (Details on online application here), or
- KITAS/ KITAP, or
- Diplomatic Stay Permit
What Documentation do I need to Travel to Bali during the Pandemic?
- Travel insurance with Covid medical coverage minimum USD 100,000
- Proof of full vaccination status (in English)
- Negative Covid-19 PCR taken maximum 72 hours before departure at origin country.
- Proof of booking and payment for mandatory quarantine accommodation - provided by the hotel after you have completed your quarantine / repatriation package booking
- Register to PeduliLindungi App, proceed to fill your travel information on International e-HAC (Indonesia electronic health alert card app).
Situation In Bali
- The situation is overall well under control. The government still applies a cautious approach and keeps Micro-Scale Social Restrictions (PPKM Regulations) in place, to mitigate the spread of Covid-19. Expect shorter operational hours on restaurants and attractions, also health protocols enforcement
- Wearing masks in Public is mandatory
- You need the PeduliLindungi App when visiting venues and stores
We hope we could clarify all the steps and give you the information you needed. If not, you can send us an email to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as possible.