What are the Visa Requirements for Sri Lankan Citizens?
Enter into Indonesia / Bali with Sri Lankans Passport
Sri Lankans have to apply for a B211A Visit Visa to travel to Bali / Indonesia for tourism purpose. With a Sri Lankan passport you can not get a Visa on Arrival at the moment. Please check the FAQ below for further details on your options on how to get a B211A Visa, the costs and process.
FAQ B211A Visit Visa for Bali / Indonesia
You need a B211A Visit Visa ONLY if
your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries
- or, you intend to stay longer than 60 days, because only B211A Visas can be extended twice for another 60 days each (total 180 days).
- if you don’t have a passport but a Titre de Voyage (TDV), Refugee Travel Document, Laissez-passer. More Info
It's easier to list the nationalities that can NOT apply at the moment:
But, due to pre-existing travel restrictions, nationals from following countries CAN NOT (at the moment) apply for visit e-visas for Indonesia, but have to contact directly their embassy outside of Indonesia:
- Kosovo (not recognised)
- North Korea
Yes, Indonesia recognises these travel documents. Visitors however need to apply for a B211A Visa, which bali.com can facilitate for you.
If you have one of these documents below and with to travel to Indonesia and book our Visa Service, the write us a quick email, to "email@example.com", because the requirements are a little bit different to the standard process.
Titre de Voyage: This is a term often used, especially in French-speaking countries.
Refugee Travel Document: Many countries use the term "Refugee Travel Document" to describe this type of travel document.
Travel Document for Aliens: Some countries may use this more general term to describe the document for individuals who are not citizens.
Convention Travel Document: This term is associated with the 1951 Refugee Convention, which established the legal status and rights of refugees. The Convention Travel Document is recognized under this agreement.
Laissez-Passer: In some cases, the term "laissez-passer" is used, especially by international organizations. It essentially means "let pass" or "let travel" in French.
Certificate of Identity: This term may be used in some countries or by certain organizations.
Special Travel Document: Another generic term that can be used to describe a travel document for individuals with specific legal statuses.
Asylum Travel Document: In some countries, this term is used to describe the document issued to those granted asylum.
Document of Identity: Another term that may be used to describe a travel document for stateless individuals or refugees.
Passport Substitute: Some countries may simply refer to it as a passport substitute or a document that serves the purpose of a passport for certain individuals.
The immigration regulations are always based on the passport that you are holding (nationality). Residency permits of other countries are not considered.
1. Online Application Service with Bali.com
You can apply online with bali.com, and we will facilitate and handle your application with our most reliable partner agent.
- Guarantor letter (sponsorship letter) included
- no bank statement needed
- can be extended twice, 60days each (extra cost)
- document verification service included
- Customer support
Reliable, efficient, and 100% online!
2. On the Immigration Website (self-service)
- You need a Letter from a guarantor (usually called sponsor letter) declaring responsibility for your stay in Indonesia.
- You have to provide Financial proof for funding your stay in Indonesia of at least USD 2000.
(Price is IDR 1,500,000 - 2,000,000. we are uncertain at this point how long the process takes, and how a visa issued directly could be extended).
3. You can approach the Indonesian Embassy or Consulate in your country.
Beside your personal contact details, these are the documents according to the immigration office regulations, that are currently to be provided for the application:
- The main requirements are as follows:
- National passport valid and valid for at least 6 (six) months, at least 12 (twelve) months if you intend to get an extension on your B211A Visa;
- Proof of funds with minimum 2000USD, Letter from a Guarantor (both requirements not needed if you use Bali.com to facilitate your B211A Visa)
- Return ticket or onward ticket to continue the journey to another country except for the crew of the Conveyance who will stop by to join the ship and continue the journey to another country; and
- Recent color photograph.
- *.JPEG format, or PDF
- Size 100kb to 1MB max / document sheet
- Passport photos:
- white background;
- neatly dressed;
- Photo taken within the last 3 months
- Document Requirements for uploads / scans:
- No manipulation or editing;
- There are no other images/objects visible in the required documents. Only the document itself
B211A Visit Visa
- the Visa is valid for 60 days
- Day of arrival and day of departure count as full days
- it can be extended twice, each time 60 days, which gives you a total of 180 days max, that you can stay in Indonesia
- To apply for another B211A Visa after you have extended the visa twice IS NOT possible anymore
- Each extension needs to be processed via the agent or facilitator that provided the guarantor letter
- Travellers who extend the Visa will get an appointnent arranged at the immigration office to take photo and fingerprints.
- If you overstay your Visa you will have to pay a penalty of IDR 1mio per day!
This Visa is a "Single Entry Visa" only.
A 1 Year Multiple Entry Visa is now Available (Info and Application Service)
YES. This visa is forIndonesia and not just a region or specific island. Therefore any type of Visa (Visa on Arrival or B211A) is valid for Indonesia and you can travel within Indonesia freely .
|Tourism||Tourism purposes||Foreign nationals can visit places for recreational and personal development or learn about the uniqueness of cultures and tourist attractions. The visa also includes visitors using a yacht.yacht).|
|Social||Family emergency||Visiting or accompanying a sick or deceased father, mother, husband, wife, or sibling.|
|Humanitarian aid||Deliveringhumanitarian assistance,medical support, or food|
|Business (apply here separately)||Business talks and meetings||Discuss, negotiate, or sign business contracts but not supervise production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity|
|Government official visits||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official|
|Government official visits for specific events||Visiting a place or carrying out a duty as a government official for Indonesia's presidency in the G20 , the 144th International Session of the Inter-Parliamentary Union (IPU) , or the 2022 Global Platform for Disaster Risk Reduction (GDPRR)|
|Meetings||Participate in meetings held by the head office or representative office in Indonesia.|
|Purchasing goods||Purchasing goods but not supervising production activities to producers/sellers as a regular activity.|
|Transit||Transit||Continue the journey or transit to another country by undergoing the immigration check at the Immigration Border Control.|
|Join a means of transportation (join vessel).||Join a vessel/means of transportation currently in Indonesia's territory to continue the journey to another country.|
|Sport activities||Non-commercial sports activities||Participate in sports activities at the invitation of the Indonesian government, international sports championships, or sports activities organized by international sports organizations.|
Even though the Business Visa Type B211A visa covers business purposes, it’s NOT A WORK PERMIT and does not entitle you to take up any paid job or employment in Indonesia. It does also not entitle you to do any commercial activities or events. This is very strictly handled. if you want bali.com to facilitate your Business Visa please click here.
You can however meet people to discuss business opportunities, do networking, explore investment opportunities, sourcing products and work remotely (digital nomad) as long as you don't make money in Indonesia and with clients in Indonesia.
From the day the Visa is issued, you have 90 days to enter into Indonesia. If you arrive later, the Visa won't be valid anymore.
No, this is not possible.
A B211A Visa, that would allow you to stay for 60 days (and can be extended) needs to be applied for OFFSHORE, while you are outside of Indonesia.
Offshore means, you are applying for a visa while you are still OUTSIDE of Indonesia. Online Application Offshore
Onshore means, you are applying for a Visa while you are already INSIDE of Indonesia.
Announcement: Based on the Regulation No. IMI-0186.GR.01.01 from 06/27/2023, the applications for ONSHORE visa has stopped effective 28. June.
A 1 Year Multiple Entry Visa is now Available (Info and Application Service)
FREE 1GB SIMCard included!
Purchase your BALICARD and get discount:
Villas, Hotels, Car Rental, Rafting, Canyoning, e-Biking, Trekking & Sightseeing Tours, Spa & Fitness, Restaurants, ATV, Swings, Scuba Diving, Waterpark, Dance Shows, Cooking Class, Airport Transfer....
SMALL INVESTMENT - BIG SAVINGS
Applies to the countries not listed for the Visit Visa (Visa on Arrival. And, if you plan to stay longer than 60 days you need this Visa, B211A visa is extendable twice giving you the possibility to stay up to 180 days in Bali.