Updated Travel Regulations and Requirements for Bali
There are two main aspects travellers need to consider to understand which regulations apply for them. The General Travel Requirements in relation to the Covid & Vaccination Regulations, and the Visa Regulations. The following FAQ will guide you through the requirements so you can plan your trip effectively.
Updated travel regulations and quarantine requirements for Bali & Indonesia
Yes, international travellers can now visit Indonesia. Most travel restrictions have been lifted and visa regulations have been eased.
There are still hurdles to take and details to be aware of in order to be able to travel and to enter Indonesia. In our FAQ sections we will guide you through the travel and visa requirements.
Depends on your nationality, travel purpose and length of stay. Please click on the button below to check what applies to you.Bali Visa Requirements
1. FULLY VACCINATED (can travel)
Travellers who are fully vaccinated, DO NOT need to quarantine and can enter into Indonesia now without a PCR tests.
Fully vaccinated: 2 or more doses. (Johnson & Johnson counts as 2 doses).
2. UNVACCINATED (only with medical exemption letter)
Unvaccinated travellers can enter Bali / Indonesia only if they are medically exempted (comorbidity diseases or other reasons that clearly state that for medical reasons they can not be vaccinated).
You need: Medical statement letter from a doctor explaining the medical/health conditions and reason for vaccination exemption.
You can not enter Bali-Indonesia, if you choose to be unvaccinated because of personal choice (other than medical conditions).
3. ONE DOSE (only if recovered)
If you received only one dose due to recovering from Covid-19, you must have a recovery certificate explaining that you are not actively transmitting Covid-19.
You can not travel to Bali without recovery certificate if you only received 1 dose of vaccine.
(recommended to travel domestically within Indonesia)
Indonesians who travel domestically (e.g. from Bali to Java or Lombok) need to be boostered. If you intend to also travel domestically then we strongly recommend you to take the booster dose, because there is a chance that Indonesia also extends this regulation to International Travelers too. And regulations are often changed over night.
For now a foreigner does not (yet) need to have a booster to travel domestically in Indonesia.
PROOF OF VACCINATION
You must have a proof (digital/ printed) of Covid Vaccination, (the last dose must be taken 14 days before travelling to Indonesia).
DATE OF VACCINATION (Expiry)
For now Indonesia does not look at the dates when the vaccination has been done. Just the number of vaccination is controlled.
At this point there are no more requirements to quarantine. Either you qualify for entering Indonesia based on the regulations above, or you cannot travel to Indonesia.
Regulations can change and some authorities and airlines might be stricter than others in enforcing the regulations. Sometimes airlines even struggle to stay up to date and might ask for documents, that are effectively not necessary anymore. Please make sure to check also the airlines requirements for traveling to Indonesia.
Disclaimer: Bali.com is not representing the government or any official authority in regards to covid-related travel regulations. We are doing our best to keep our visitors up-to-date and provide clear information and only share regulations that have been officially confirmed by the government. However we cannot be held responsible for any inaccurate information and changes in regulations
- Children below the age of 18y in general don't need to be vaccinated.
- If Children need a B211A Visa, for the application process they need a medical statement letter stating, that they can't be vaccinated due to their age.
PCR Test BEFORE Arrival in Bali / Indonesia is not needed anymore.
If travellers are showing symptoms or show an increased temperature at the temperature check-point upon arrival...
- Test is taken at the airport before you get to the immigration checkpoint (or harbour).
- These travellers must go directly to their accommodation after leaving the airport and wait for the test result inside the room. They can not leave the room before the PCR test received (and negative).
- or, travellers might have to wait for the test result at the airport
If you are tested positive
- with no or mild symptoms you will have to isolate in a "quarantine accommodation" (Akomodasi Karantina) appointed by the government. Until the PCR tests returns negative! Or self-isolation at your own accommodation.
- If you have "medium to severe symptoms" you will have to be isolated and be taken to a government hospital.
Other MANDATORY Requirements
- If your nationality is not part of the 9 ASEAN countries (Visa Exemption) you need at least a Visa on Arrival. If you country is not listed for Visa on Arrival, you would need to arrange a B211A Visit Visa before your arrival. Click for more information about the Visa requirements.
- Download the PeduliLindungi App and create an account. (The registration of the International e-HAC - Indonesia electronic health alert card) is for now NOT necessary anymore). If for some reasons you cannot create an account make sure the app is at least installed.
- Customs declaration Form: E-CD (Electronic Custom Declaration) if you are arriving in Bali.
- Return ticket - airlines and also the immigration authorities can insist that you have a return ticket that is within the time-frame of your visa validity,
- Passport, needs to be valid at least 6 months from day of arrival.
- The passport needs at least one empty page.
YES. But not many. And prices have significantly gone up. More airlines are gradually including Bali again into their schedules. Singapore Air, KLM, Qatar, Jetstar, and many more, even though they don#t fly as regularly as before.
If you can't get a flight to Bali you can still choose the option to come via Jakarta and then take a domestic flight to Bali. Airlines such as Citilink, Batik Air, Air Asia, Lion Air, and Garuda are flying to Bali very regularly. Ticket price one way 50-150USD.
Particularly if the price difference between flying to Jakarta and flying directly to Bali are very high, then this might be worth it.
- The situation is overall well under control.
- Wearing masks in outside and on the roads is mandatory according to the updated regulations (SATGAS Covid 19 Task-Force).
- You are still required to wear masks in closed rooms (shops, beaches, malls, to enter restaurants (not at the table)
Updated health protocol regulations (SATGAS 19)
The health protocol as referred to in point 5 of the document must meet the following terms and conditions:
a. Use a 3-ply cloth mask or medical mask that covers the nose, mouth and chin while indoors or when in crowds;
b. Change masks regularly every four hours, and dispose of waste masks in the places provided;
c. Washing hands regularly using water and soap or hand sanitizer, especially after touching objects touched by other people;
d. Maintain a minimum distance of 1.5 meters from other people and avoid crowds; and
e. It is advised not to speak one-way or two-way by telephone or in person throughout the journey using public transportation modes of land, rail, sea, river, lake, crossing, and air.
Medical Insurance covering covid-related costs
If you need a reliable "4-weeks medical insurance" that covers also covid related expenses you can sign up below.
International Travel Insurance / Nomad Insurance starting USD42 for 4 weeks. Info, Prices & Signup
The medical insurance is not a travel requirement anymore.
Don't bring more than the equivalent value of IDR 100,000,000 cash into the country (ca. AUD 10,000).
CHSE Hotels are certified by the government to accommodate guests that need to quarantine. Quarantine in itself also does not apply anymore (for now) and many hotels stopped to offer any quarantine arrangements.
Do I need a B211A Visit Visa?
You need a B211A Visit Visa if
Your country is NOT on the list of visa-free & VoA countries
and/or you intend to stay more than 60 days.
Note: The Visa on Arrival has been upgraded and is now good also for the visit purpose of business meetings, sourcing and purchasing goods, meetings, transit, government duties.Information & Online Application