6th April 2022
Indonesia has announced several major changes for Bali and Indonesia, effective 6th of April.
In a nutshell:
Visa Free Entry Available for 9 nationalities, and Visa on Arrival facilities now available. NO MORE mandatory PCR test upon arrival at the airport for fully vaccinated travellers. The international airports in Jakarta, Surabaya, Makassar, Medan, Manado, Yogyakarta.
Reference: Official statement letter (SATGAS) No. 17
Very Good news for Bali: Visiting Bali and Indonesia just got a bit easier
1. Following nationalities DO NOT NEED A VISA and can stay 30 days (FREE-visa entry – not extendable)
- Tourism purpose only
- Single Entry only
- valid 30 days
- cannot be extended
- If you wish to stay longer than 30 days, you have the option to get a visa on arrival that can be extended once for 30 days
- If you wish to stay longer than 60days you would need a B211A Visa
2. Following nationalities can obtain a Visa on Arrival, VoA
|EAST TIMOR (new)||–|
- Tourism purpose visa
- Single Entry only
- Now available for travellers from 40+ nationalities (PASSPORT not residency). See list below
- Purchase in the arrival hall before queuing at the immigration counters
- Your passport needs to be valid at least another 6 months
- Show Return Ticket
3. Following international airports now offer the Visa on Arrival facilities
- Bali, Denpasar
4. Vaccination Requirements & no more PCR test at the airport upon arrival for fully vaccinated travellers
Flow at the airport:
Body temp check & Covid symptoms check. If the travellers show symptoms and/or their body temp is over than 37,5.Celius; they must take PCR test at the airport and wait for the negative test result in their accommodation.
- 1 dose vaccinated travellers undergo 5 days quarantine in CHSE hotels
- 2-3 doses vaccinated travellers are free to continue their trip
- Kids below 18 yo. Following the vaccination status of their parents/ guardian
- Travelers with comorbidity diseases must show a medical statement letter
- For the travellers who had to take a PCR test at the airport (recovered or showing symptoms): If the result of the PCR test is positive with mild symptoms, the travellers must isolate at hotels or other facilities appointed by the government.
- Travelers show severe symptoms must be treated in appointed hospitals.
5. COVID recovery
To those who got infected with Covid within 30 days before departure, and can show an official letter that they are not contagious anymore (recovery certificate), are exempted to show vaccine certificate & negative PCR test.
But they still are required to undergo PCR test upon arrival at Indonesia airports!