- Founding year : 2016
- Name of Founder : Bo H. Holmgreen
- No. of Staff : 10
- We accept Donations (Money)
- We accept Donations (Goods)
- Information on how to donate : https://www.scholarsofsustenance.org/donations
- Emergency Number : https://www.scholarsofsustenance.org/donations
- Volenteers welcome
- Type of Yayasan Work : Balinese People, Children, Environment & Nature Conservation, Health, General Wellbeing
- Donation Link : https://www.scholarsofsustenance
Founded in 2016, SOS Indonesia started life in the most hotel-intense area of the country: The gorgeous island of Bali. Our staff picks up food from many great tourist hotels in Sanur, Kuta, Denpasar and Legian. Traffic is difficult on Bali and more geared to the thousands of motor cycles in the street, so SOS Indonesia uses motor-cycle pickups as well. Sometimes our manager, D J Denton, jumps on the bike himself, but usually our food hygienist, Yuni and one of our drivers will do the daily pickups in the cooling truck.
Initial deliveries to the Bali Street Kids Orphanage were higly anticipated by the kids, allowing them to help with the carrying and storing. Generally our hotel donors provide such high quality food left-overs that only a fraction must be discarded, thus reducing the need for composting. As Bali is such fertile ground, SOS does less composting and much more edible foods rescue here. Our second orpanage holds 1500 children, many disabled. We are building our list of recipient kitchens, and are adding new hotels every week. Thank you to the Bali hotel association for their help, and the wonderful General Managers signing their kitchens up for food rescue. Bali is a very green island and we feel the good intent of everyone we meet.
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.
Sorry, unable to load the Maps API.