How to get a Multiple Entry Visa
- get et in touch with local visa agent of your choice
- Scanned passport (first two pages)
- Copy of bank statement of your private bank account (not older than 90 days, and must show at least 2000USD)
- Information on where you wish to collect the visa
- Pay the Immigration fee and agent fee
- The local agent will also act as the sponsor which is necessary to get the approval from Jakarta immigration to process the visa
- The agent will then process the application for you, which takes up to 14 business days here in Bali.
- You will receive from the agent a confirmation document per email /called TELEX). This document is needed to collect the visa abroad.
- Passport must be valid at least 18 months (no exceptions)
- In the consulate or embassy abroad, you meet another agent (recommended by your agent) who will handle the process to hand in your passport and some more documents and pictures, which they will assist you with. Takes only one day
- Then it can take up to 5 days, to get the passport with the Visa sticker back. Most applicants want to return to Bali asap, so they ask for an express service within one day (costs ca. SGD 260)
Multiple Business Visa D-212 for Bali / Indonesia
This visa, like the multiple entry visa, is valid for one year and allows you to stay 60days in Indonesia for each visit, as often as you wish (or can) come to Indonesia. It’s a two-step process.
1.) to get the approval from Jakarta to proceed the visa (better get assistance from a local agent)
2.) processing the visa application at an embassy abroad. If you are using the assistance of an agent, the process and costs are the same as the multiple entry visa.
The core idea behind this visa is to come to Indonesia to do business, which should not be misunderstood as being employed or conducting business that is paid for or compensated within Indonesia.
Business people who use this visa come for negotiations, networking, sourcing, meetings, and to attend business gatherings. All these activities are business-related but not paid or compensated for in Indonesia.
Many travellers who wish to get this type of visa, must come first to Bali, and then start the process for this visa with the assistance of an agent, who can also act as the sponsor. Still, this visa is also needed to be collected in an embassy or consulate outside of Indonesia. Which means, that a “visa trip” to usually Singapore or Kuala Lumpur needs to happen to obtain the visa, and then re-enter Indonesia (Singapore is a good option).
What does a multiple business visa B-212 cost?
Prices Immigration Office Fee: IDR 3,000,000
Local Visa Agent Fee: IDR 750,000 – 1,000,000
Agent and Handling fee abroad: around USD 100, express same day USD 200
Can I apply on my own without an agent?
Technically yes, but we would not recommend it. The time and money and potential errors are not worth it, since the agents’ fee is quite reasonable.
Like for the other visa services, we suggest to use a reliable and well established agents.
Express Service abroad
The process, after you handed in the telex and the passport to the embassy (most times with the help of an agent), usually takes additionally four-six days. In Singapore, however, some agents can organise a one-day express service, which costs around 260SGD (ca 190USD). If you do not intend to spend four nights in a Singaporean hotel and go for sightseeing, this express Service is the cheaper option. It is not uncommon that people take the earliest flight from Bali to Singapore and the last one back the same day. They bring their passport and the telex with them. After landing, they meet the Singaporean agent in a Hotel Lobby. Hand over the documents and the agent fee. Then go for some shopping or sightseeing. Just after four pm, the agent will bring back the passport with the visa. Return flight after seven pm. Back to Bali at ten pm. All in one day.
BUT, it has been reported that Singaporean immigration is causing problems for travellers who enter Singapore and want to leave the same day. The best is to stay one night. And if they ask what you are doing, the best answer is always “I am shopping”.Visa and Immigration Overview
Visa & Permits for Indonesia and Bali
Visa on ArrivalHow to get it (30days)
Visa on Arrival ExtensionHow to extend it (30 days)
Visit Visa (Social & Business Visa B-211)How to get it (60days)
Social & Tourist Visa ExtensionHow to extend it (30days)
Sponsor Letter (e.g. for visit visa)How to get it
Multiple Entry VisaHow to get it (1year)
Multiple Business VisaHow to get it (1year)
Work Permit / KitasHow to get it (1year)
Retirement Visa (Lansia, Pensiun)How to get it
Coming Back Soon
Due to the Covid Situation unfortunately we cannot offer you at the moment tour and transportation services.