Dive Site Facts
- Main Dive Region : Tulamben
- Difficulty : Advanced
- Type of Dive : Drift Dive, Deep Dive, Small Island
- Access : Shore
- Sealife (* to ****) : 3***
- Depth : 10-40 m
- Current : can be strong
- Water Temp. (avg) from : 26 C
- Water Temp. (avg) to : 29 C
- Visibility (avg) : 16 m
- Big Fish : Hammerhead Sharks, Reef Sharks, Sharks, Barracuda, Morays, Turtles
- Terrain : Coral Reef, Sand, Rubble, Rock
- Contour : Flat, Steep Slope
A challenging spot for the advanced. Strong current meets the big boys like Hammerhead and the grey reef shark.
Strong currents and the Indonesian flowthrough – a spot to meet
Diving around Gili Selang is quite a challenge and only for advanced divers. The strong current between Bali and Lombok hits the small island at the north-east flank and creates some action. This site is also called -The Express-. The strong current prevents the sea life to take roots. But out in the blue you have a good chance to see bigger sharks as the grey reef shark and sometimes the famous Hammerhead.
Fauna & Flora
Some soft and hard corals. Bumphead parrot fish, hammerhead shark, mackerel, white-tip shark, grey reef shark, moray eel, jacks, turtles, barracuda, rays, frogfish.